Laser Vision Correction Technology In San Antonio
The Z500 LASIK with EX500 Technology
Dr. Iskander constantly researches the latest technologies and advancements in vision. He wants to combine his experience and technology to provide exceptional visual outcomes for all patients.
Now, he brings another breakthrough in laser vision correction technology to the area with the Z500 excimer laser to further enhance results. Also known as the EX500 excimer laser, this advanced technology takes LASIK to the next level of speed, precision and accuracy. Z500 LASIK technology can correct 1.0 diopter of refractive error in only 1.4 seconds, a remarkably quick process that benefits patients in many ways.
San Antonio Eye Specialists now offers Contoura Laser Vision Correction technology, the next generation of LASIK in San Antonio which uses the latest WaveLight® topographic-guided laser system developed by Alcon Pharmaceuticals. This is one of the most technologically advanced excimer laser systems available in the United States that uses 22,000 points to map the surface of the cornea.
The Best Results Yet
In FDA studies, this laser technology produced the best results compared to previous FDA studies for myopia (nearsightedness) and myopic astigmatism (nearsightedness with astigmatism). U.S.-based clinical trials conducted by Alcon showed that 12 months after surgery 92.6% of eyes that received topography-guided LASIK treatment achieved 20/20 vision or better, 64.8% experienced 20/16 vision or better, and 34.4% could see 20/12.5 or better. The outcomes also showed reductions in some of the visual symptoms associated with LASIK, including glare, light sensitivity, difficulty driving at night, and difficulty while reading.
The Ziemer laser produces approximately 400 million tiny, closely spaced gas bubbles at a predetermined depth in the corneal layer. These microscopic bubbles create a separation, which in turn creates the corneal flap. This level of precision allows Dr. Iskander to create LASIK flaps of precise thickness, orientation and size. Due to the tiny size of the gas bubbles, they disappear as soon as the flap is lifted by Dr. Iskander.
Z-LASIK: The future of bladeless laser surgery
Z-LASIK is the most advanced innovation in bladeless surgery. This procedure uses a high-frequency laser. It is designed to create truly customized flaps, precisely, safely and pain-free. Its beam is 100 times less intense than that of the first-generation femtosecond lasers. Never before have safety, accuracy and patient comfort in laser eye surgery been so good, as proven by 100,000 successful Z-LASIK treatments.
The Ziemer Femto LDV Z4 laser is also designed for maximum safety when compared to more conventional femtosecond lasers. Because we use a lower light pulse and lower pulse energy to create our flaps, there is a lower level of light intensity to the eye and less chance for an inflammatory response in the eye. As a result of Ziemer’s unique designs, patients enjoy faster recovery times, less discomfort and optimal visual outcomes.
Z-LASIK IS DIFFERENT!
- Z-LASIK offers many advantages that lead to better results:
- Z-LASIK is gentle on the eyes: The procedure takes only a few seconds per eye, and usually 12 seconds for the creation of the corneal flap. The time the laser is in contact with the eye is reduced to a minimum.
- Z-LASIK is comfortable and painless: head is not fixed during the procedure.
- Z-LASIK helps in severe cases: Thanks to the extremely high frequency of the laser pulses, the layers of the cornea are separated with unprecedented precision, creating an ultra-thin flap. Z-LASIK is therefore effective in patients who were previously not candidates for laser surgery, including those patients with extreme myopia or thin corneas.
- No inflammation: The laser energy used for Z-LASIK is 100 times less powerful than with other laser procedures. This is gentler to the corneal tissue and prevents temporary inflammatory reactions of the eye.
- Fast result: The recovery period is shorter than for other techniques. Visual improvement is noticeable within a few hours.
- Fewer side effects: Z-LASIK enables the surgeon to enlarge the treatment zone. This reduces the risk of undesirable side effects such as dry eyes, deteriorated night vision or haloes (rings of light that surround point sources of light).
“Having LASIK has changed my life! Before coming to see Dr. Iskander I had been wearing glasses or contacts for 18 out of 24 years of my life. I had a -6 in one eye and a -7 in the other. I came in today for my 6 month follow up and I have 20/10 vision! Everyone in this office has been unbelievably helpful in explaining the process and have shared in my excitement over my new found vision! You can’t go wrong here!”
- Kailey P., LASIK Patient
“If you’re thinking of getting LASIK I highly recommend San Antonio Eye Specialists… great staff, very knowledgeable, they make you fell very comfortable.”
- Miguel Z., LASIK Patient
“I just had my follow up appointment this morning, following my LASIK surgery yesterday afternoon and I am totally amazed. My vision before the surgery was 20/400 – i had EXTREME astigmatism and nearsightedness. This morning I woke up with 20/15 vision. Dr. Iskander was so calming and professional and his staff was wonderful. Such a great experience!”
- Kate B., LASIK Patient
SCHEDULE LASIK CONSULTATION
Our friendly appointment staff is here to help, contact us today!